This page is to help coordinate the hut trip for 2015. Please take the time to review the information here. I spent quite a bit of time putting it together. Knowing about the trip will ensure you are prepared, and have a good time.
Sat 1/24 – Tue 1/27
(3 nights: 1 in Glenwood Springs 2 in hut)
Hut: $71 Per person
Saturday Night Hotel: $25 per person (assumes we have 16 people stay less means per person costs go up)
Community Food: ? (last year it was $25 per person)
Please pay ahead of time or bring cash or check to give me on trip, I don’t want to leave with IOUs
This is not a guided trip your Safety Is Your Responsibility
I will will try my best to make this a FUN and SAFE event and try to prevent accidents; however, all participants in this trip, agree that everyone is responsible for themselves. There are inherent dangers in engaging in this activity you are assuming this risk. You agree that the organizer and/or other participants of the Hut Trip are not responsible or liable for the safety of any participant. By choosing to attend this event, you acknowledge this.
- Hut Information
- Gear List (what to Bring)
- Food (see gear list for what is being provided and what to bring). Food survey results here
The drive to Aspen is a long one and we need to hit the trail pretty early in the AM on Sunday Morning. We need some breathing room to make sure we can reach the hut before dark even if we hit issues on the way.
- 2:00 PM Meet at Wolly Mammoth Dinosaur lot in Golden. Click Here for directions. Meet in parking area directly across from gas station. This is a safe place to leave vehicles.
- Hotel for the night Cedar Lodge Motel
- Hot tub it up
- 6:30 AM – Meet in Lobby for breakfast
- 7:30 AM (on the road to aspen)
- 8:30 AM (Arrive at Trailhead)
- 9:00AM – Depart trailhead
- 3:00 PM Targeted arrival at hut
- 5:30 PM Sunset (need to arrive at hut before this)
- 9:30AM-3PM – Hike and explore the area
- 10:30 AM depart hut
- 2PM arrive at cars
- 6:30 PM back at dino lots